Asia, Middle East, U. S. Briefs meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- North Korea says it is close in new ICBM test,
- North Korea asks China for back-up short-range rockets.
- Two Japan cities hold anti-missile safety drills.
- Taiwan coast guard performs anti-terror drills in China Sea.
- Islamists Maute brothers reported killed in Mindanao fighting.
- Thirteen Philippine marines have died in Marowi city fighting.
- Philippines asks U. S. Special Forces to help end Marowi siege.
- Duterte asks Facebook to withdraw Jihadist Internet accounts.
- China offers Myanmar help to recover 122 bodies from crash plane.
- ISIS takes credit for blast killing 20 in Shiite holy city of Karbola.
- U. S, airstrike attacks Syrian government troops.
- Nine Arab countries place embargo on Qatar.
- Saudi Arabia issues list of Qatar linked terrorist contacts.
- Germany’s evacuation of Insirlik Airbase may take two months.
- After hung parliament election May hangs on to tenuous power.
- POTUS Trump would testify under oath concern Comey row.
- Both Trump and Comey accuse each other of multiple lies.
- Trump states he is preparing to testify on Comey matter.
- Trump expected to announce new Cuban policy in Miami
- U. S. Democrats say repeal of Dodd-Frank regulations wrong move.
- U. S. multi-state 435 million dollar lottery may be decided tonight.
(News recovered from Channel. NewsAsia, BBC, and France 24)
All the Best to you.